SCHOOL PUPIL ADMINISTRATOR
Grade 3 £21,269 - £27,514 pro rata (£18,355-£23,745 actual approx )
36.50 hours per week – Term Time Only plus 5 days
Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.00pm
Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
We seek to appoint an experienced Administrator to a full-time term-time only (plus 5 days) post at James Watt Primary School in Birmingham to start as soon as possible.
The Successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following attributes;
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, community and governors.
- Can remain calm, work well, effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and a knowledge of SIMS and the City Impulse admissions portal would be advantageous
- Will be responsible for administration of pupil information/records and any other duties commensurate with the role
- 5 days to be worked during the school holidays for academic year end tasks
- To produce and support the school with administration related to school visits and activities
- To be responsible for Secretarial work for the Leadership Team
- To support the SBM with maintaining and updating the Single Central Register and ensuring that is kept up to date in line with legislative changes
- Will use their initiative to support the Head Teacher and the School Business Manager
- Work well as part of a team in an encouraging and supportive manner.
- First Aid Certificate or a willingness to acquire appropriate training and accreditation.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
‘The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS clearance; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide 2 suitable references.’
Please ensure your name appears in the document name when returning completed applications. These should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: midday Wednesday 31st August 2022
(We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Shortlisting: TBC (September 2022)
Interviews: TBC (September 2022)
For Job Description and Person Specification see below
For application packs see application packs for support staff vacancies at the end of this page
Application Pack for Teaching Staff Vacancies
Application Pack for Support Staff Vacancies
Please email completed Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Form to
Applications for vacancies at this school must be on the application and monitoring form provided. CV's and letters of applications will not be accepted