How do we involve parents/carers in the education of children with SEND?
At school, we have:
- an open door policy to listen to parents/carers about their concerns
- regular SEND review meetings to discuss children’s progress and provision
- parents’ evening where parents’ views are discussed and collected
- annual EHCP review meetings for children with EHC plans
- Half-Yearly Support Plan meetings for children with Support Plans
- Regular meetings with specialist agencies to discuss their child’s progress and provision.
- Home/school communication books
- Homework diaries and folders
- Family workshops and class assemblies
- Parent questionnaires and consultations to identify ‘what’s working’ and ‘what’s not working’.
- Parents’ coffee mornings.