James Watt Primary School

James Watt Primary School

Curiosity Creativity Confidence

What support services are available to help parents/carers with children with SEN?


Our school SENCo is able to advise parents on the support services available, both locally and nationally.


It is recommended that parents contact their GP to discuss any concerns they may have about their child’s needs and to seek medical support, guidance and assessments, if appropriate.


SEND Information services are a support service school also recommend to parents. They can offer independent and unbiased advice and information about the assessment procedures and educational provision for their child.  They can be contacted at:

SEN Information Service

The POD, 28 Oliver Street

Birmingham B7 4NX

Email address: 

Telephone: 0121 303 5004